A cook’s knife, also known as French knife or chef’s knife, is an implement used to slice large volumes of fruits, vegetables and meat easily. It was initially intended to cut big chunks of beef. Currently, it’s generally used as a multi-purpose knife for many Western cooks.
How To Spot It
What makes this knife different from other kinds of knives?
- Average blade length varies from 6-14 inches (15-36cm)
- Approximately 1-1/2 inches in width
- Common blade shapes: French (continuously curved along the cutting blade) and German (straighter edge and curves at the tip)
Global G-2 8-Inch 20cm Cook’s Knife is an all-around chef’s knife that has gained much popularity among Global’s varied cutlery products. With its unquestionable quality, it’s loved by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
The slim and sharp blades of this cook’s knife enable the user to:
- Make clean slices effortlessly
- Maintain the form of your ingredients
- Maximise food flavour
- Lightweight, precisely balanced 8-inch or 20cm chef’s knife
- Blade made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel
- Edge retains razor sharpness exceptionally well
- Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safe grip
- Lifetime warranty against defects and breakage
Are you looking for a substitute for European-style cutlery? Do you have small hands? Is Japanese cutting edge technology more your style? Then Global G-2 8-Inch 20cm Cook’s Knife is for you!
You couldn’t go wrong with this product. Why? Read on and find out!
What impressed me most was the perfect balance, the lightweight, and the sharpness. ~ Herb
Despite its rather unconventional look, the knife has excellent ergonomic design. It is well balanced, readily gripped when wet and astoundingly sharp. ~ Julian P. K.
I’ve been a German knife snob for years. But this 8-inch chef’s knife by Japan’s Global is the finest blade I’ve ever owned. Period. ~ Stephen G.
Category: Global Sushi Knife