Looking for a utility knife that is both a beauty and a toughie? Well, your search in officially o-v-e-r. Introducing the Zwilling J.A. Henckels MIYABI 7000D Shotoh Small Utility Knife! From a company that is famous for making incredibly sharp and breathtaking cutlery, Zwilling J.A. Henckels products are a cut above the rest. MIYABI knives boast of genuine Japanese designs, unbelievable sharpness and seamless balance.
What is it For?
The MIYABI 7000D series is perfect for a variety of kitchen chores, such as:
- Slicing fruits and vegetables
What can it Offer?
Apart from the support and endorsement by celebrated Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba, this product features the following:
1. 32 layers of steel wrapping core of CMV60 stainless steel that’s wrapped in a stunning Damask wave pattern. The CMV60 material of this utility knife has an extremely durable core, with the help of:
(a) Cobalt – to fight rust
(b) Molybdenum – to improve hardness
(c) Vanadium – to bond the materials while letting the blade maintain its sharpness.
2. Honbazuke honing treatment. The Zwilling J.A. Henckels MIYABI 7000D Shotoh Small Utility Knife has a symmetrical blade which has been finished via the traditional Japanese Honbazuke honing treatment. This process produces a scalpel-like sharpness and a 19-degree cutting edge.
3. D-shaped handle. This kind of handle shape provides outstanding finger-tip control. It’s made from stainless steel and miscarta (a multi-layered synthetic compound of linen and synthetic resins).
4. Hardness rating of 60 Rockwell. Due to its extreme hardness, the MIYABI 7000D series need professional sharpening.
Only one thing keeps me from giving it five stars: you can’t put it in the dishwasher. But as a knife, it’s fantastic.
If you want a utility knife that has passed a very discriminating process, then you should definitely give this product a try! The Zwilling J.A. Henckels MIYABI 7000D Shotoh Small Utility Knife is just a click away.