An usuba knife – also known as usuba bocho – is what’s commonly referred to as a vegetable knife. Its thin blade has very little curve, if at all, and is known for having one of the sharpest and most delicate of edges. This kind of knife is ideal for extremely fine vegetable work requiring accurate precision.
The Zwilling J.A. Henckels MIYABI 7000Pro Usuba Knife is one such knife that is recommended for slicing herbs and vegetables. It has a single bevel blade that is designed to do just that! Now, you have the right tool to make those perfect cuts while preserving food integrity!
- Traditional Usuba vegetable knife - used in Japan to finely peel vegetable skin into thin sheets for sashimi garnishes
- This usuba knife:
- Is crafted from solid, top-quality CMV60 stainless steel for incredible resilience, hardness and rust resistance
- Has an asymmetric blade cross-section with a one-sided, razor-sharp Honbazuke honing
- Has traditional, perfectly balanced D-shaped handle made of layered, compacted compound of linen and resin
- Is for Hand wash only; has limited lifetime warranty; made in Japan
The Kanto style of this knife has a square blunt tip, much like a small meat cleaver. On the other hand, the Kansai kamagata type possesses a spine that goes down to the edge at the tip, permitting the knife to perform precise detailed work. Users, however, must be careful with it as its tip is fragile and can break off easily.
In any kitchen work, you need to use the right knife for the right purpose. For cutting herbs and vegetables, that can only be an usuba knife.
The Zwilling J.A. Henckels MIYABI 7000Pro Usuba Knife is the best vegetable knife for you! It’s a perfect blend of quality and beauty in cutlery. Meet your slicing tasks with ease and comfort.
Incoming search terms:
- miyabi knives